Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday nights.

I find myself at this dreaded place again.

The last dwindling hours of the weekend on Sunday night.

I sure do love my weekends at home. I love hanging out with Brent, having time to cook, workout, hang out with friends, and watch football [there is always some paper-grading in there too, unfortunately]. But I absolutely loathe the last few hours of Sunday. It seems that my motivation dissipates as I muster up the energy to get off the coach during halftime to make our lunches for Monday and figure out what I'm going to wear in the morning. I have to make sure I've got stuff ready for school tomorrow. I have to remember to set my alarm [which then reminds me that I have to get up early again. bleh].

So basically, around 7 pm on Sundays, my mood tends to sink.

In efforts to battle my Sunday night blues, I'm going to set some positive goals/attitudes for my week. So, here are my goals for the next 7 days:
1. Be more patient with 1 student in particular this week. My goal is to change his/her day, instead of letting him/her change mine.
2. Begin reading Crazy Love which is the book I mentioned in my last post that our Lifegroup will be starting to study soon.
3. Call some dear friends to catch up.
4. Workout at least 4 times. (Goal: 5)
5. Savor the time I have each evening with my husband, hanging out and eating dinner together.
6. Focus on the specific blessings God pours on me each day. There is always something to be thankful for, even on those long, terrible days!

Hope you are looking for the positive every day this week, too. I know we've all got things that weight us down. This week, here's my challenge. Worry less and trust God more. I read this verse this morning and was reminded of the peace we receive from the Lord who always, always provides.

Matthew 6:25-34

       “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? . . . So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I hope you have a wonderful week and that God fills your week with lots of reasons to be thankful!

[hugsfromMD]

P.S. Congrats goes out to the Packers and Steelers, who did what the Colts couldn't this year . . . make it to the Superbowl. I'll be cheering for the Pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment