Sunday, August 8, 2010

Surrounded.

So, I spent 6 hours of my day yesterday writing thank you cards. 6 hours! That's a lot of cards because we were blessed by a lot of people at the wedding! I was going to update last night, but my poor little right hand just couldn't take any more. We were just so blessed to receive everything we could possibly need at the wedding. Thank you friends and family! We love you oh so much!

As I was writing the cards, and just reflecting on (once again) the many blessings God has given us, I was simply amazed. We have felt so loved and appreciated through this whole process. Even from the beginning of our long-distance relationship, we relied on friends and family for encouragement and support. As I graduated, began teaching, and planning a wedding, while Brent finished his last year at MIT, we again looked to friends and family for the help and support we needed. As the wedding approached, we were showered with gifts and more help. And at the wedding, we were surrounded by the largest crowd of people that we know, and I must say that I have never felt so loved in my whole life.

Thank you, everyone, for your love and support of us. Thank you for the continued notes and words of encouragement as we've made this move across the country. Thank you, Lord, for surrounding us with such amazing people. We love each and every one of you!

We took another step today in getting settled here. We attended a church about 20 minutes from us that was recommended by a minister back home. It was nice to be surrounded by a group of believers again, but it felt strange to walk into church and be the newbies. We liked the church, not sure if it's home yet, but plan to go back next week. We are really looking forward and ready to be plugged into a church family again. We are praying (and ask that you will as well) that God will plant us where he wants us!

[[hugs]]

No comments:

Post a Comment