Thursday, August 26, 2010

Delivery!

Hello there friends!
I am writing to you today from my NEW computer that was delivered today! Ok, well it was "attempted" to be delivered but unable to thanks to the difficulties of living in an apartment. So, my wonderful husband drove with me to pick it up at the FedEx office! Yep, he's pretty awesome. :)

But, yeah, my new computer is so pretty! It is an HP Netbook, so it is little and white and cute and light and easy to move around, and I just love it! Brent and I have had extensive conversations about the importance of a "pretty" computer (let's just say it's high on my list of necessities for a computer, not so much on his . . . ). But I think he approves of this little guy, so we're good! Here's what it looks like . . . (I know, I just had to post a picture!)

 Isn't it so pretty? This pictures is not the greatest, but you get the idea. It's really small (only 10 1/2 inches I think! But it's awesome!)

And, enough about my computer. Sorry. :)

It has been a busy week around here, with me getting my classroom ready this week. It is coming along, though, and Brent has been a big help! It cuts so much time out when he can help me put the high stuff up on the walls instead of me getting up and down off a chair a gazillion times. (Yep, a gazillion) I sure appreciate him giving up his time after work to help me! It is really looking good and I can't wait to post pictures when it's all done! School starts on Tuesday, so it better be done soon! :)

More excitement for the week . . . I went with all of the teachers from my school to a high ropes course/teambuilding day on Tuesday. If any of you know me well, I am not the bravest person, but I did do everything! Brent told me when I dropped him off at work that I had to at least try everything . . . and I did! There was a zip line with ropes to cross to get to the platform (about 25 feet in the air), a giant swing (40 feet in the air), and the low level of the high ropes course (30 feet). The actual physical part wasn't bad (a huge log vs. a 4-in. wide beam, hmmm) but it was just so mentally CHALLENGING even if you know you are harnessed so you can't fall! I called my former coach, haha. I knew he would be proud since I was always the scared one trying new things! It was definitely a good experience though, and allowed me to get to know a lot of the other teachers.

Been thinking about something all week, since church on Sunday. The sermon was about Barnabas (many have heard of him), but I found out that his real name was Joseph. People knew him, though, as Barnabas, the "Son of Encouragement." The message was about how people know you. What is your "niche" or "sweet spot"? Each of has a specific role in the church:

"The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts . . . But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? . . . Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." -1 Cor. 12: 12,18-19, 27

As I listened to this sermon, it was impressed upon my heart how incredible it is that each of us was specifically created by God to fulfill a certain role. God molded me to fit a specific need in his church. He may not have created me for the upfront, seemingly uber-awesome position of beautiful-singing worship leader extraordinare . . . but he gave me a role that is just as important in his kingdom and to the body of Christ. I believe that part of that role is to minister to children, which is why it is such a fulfillment for me to teach children and help them realize their potential. And also, to simply love them. Barnabas had the understanding that God gave him specific opportunities to give encouragement to others. What is your role? Are you taking the opportunites God brings, even if they seem like an  impossible challenge at the time? Or are you just expecting that "someone else will do it." Newsflash: it's your job!

I'm going to brag on my parents for a minute. I won't share all of the details, but they have recently accepted an opportunity that is giving them the chance to love and care for someone whose needs are great. It is a huge task to take responsibility of another, without knowing exactly how things will go or what may transpire along the way. I'm proud to have parents who put others' needs above their own, in order to make a difference in another's life and show God's love to them. What an incredible opportunity! Pray for them as they continue along their journey.

My point here is to challenge you also to accept the challenges that God places in front of you. I am trying to embrace that thought as well as I settle into a new role, new church, new school, and new home. No one else has been placed in your same situation with your talents and abilities, because God designed you to fill that spot. Take God's word that He will be the "light to your path" as you trust Him to help you succeed. Accept the challenge and watch God work in your life!

Sorry about the long post! Lots going on this week. :) And just think, tomorrow's Friday! Oh, happiness! :)



I am for sure excited that it's almost the weekend! :) (Ok, so I just wanted to try out my new webcam!)

Next post: Our trip to Annapolis and the naval academy with a personal tour from Teeman himself!

 I hope you all have a blessed Friday and weekend! [hugs]

P.S. Here's a shout out to my girl, Brittany! Miss you friend. Btw, check my first post. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Well it's not a mac, but I guess it's nice. Hey did you like that church i suggested?

    ReplyDelete