Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tragedy.

The tragedy in Aurora, CO. You all know the details.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims, the witnesses, and the community of Aurora. Words almost seem useless in light of the true pain these people are feeling, and I know many others share in my prayers for the families. But my mind and heart are especially hurting tonight for the family of James Holmes as well. I can't imagine what it would feel like to know that your son caused the amount of destruction that he did, and would venture to say that they are hurting nearly or equally as much as those who lost family or friends in the shooting. I pray for peace and comfort for them during this time as well, and I can only hope that their community in California will give them the respect and privacy they deserve during this time. Also, I don't know the state of mind of the victim, but I know that God loves him just as much as He loves each of us. I hope you'll join me in praying for every individual involved in this tragedy, not just the obvious victims for which we are all hurting.

A few verses that come to mind right now:

In response to a man being born blind from birth, Jesus said that "this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." -John 9:2-3.
        While we can see Satan's influence during tragedies like these, it's also important to be watching for how God is working even through the hurt, anger, and sadness. I have already heard and look forward to hearing more stories emerge about the generosity and acts of love and kindness among the victims of the tragedy. I challenge you to be watching for how God will work and show his love through this tragedy, since he is the God of All Comfort! So glad that we serve and are loved by Him.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Cor. 4:18
     Again, while it is normal for us to focus on the here and now, we can find comfort in that fact that all of this pain and hurt is temporary. I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to heaven where all the heartache of this life will be no more! I hope that you share that hope with me as well.

Please join in me continued prayers for all those involved.
Many blessings,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment