Friday, December 31, 2010

Top '10

As I spend this last day of 2010 in my beloved home state, I thought I would take a quick minute (that makes no sense, "a quick minute" . . . all minutes are the same length!) and post my top 10 favorite moments/events/blessings of 2010. This may be harder to identify than I think . . .

1. Marrying my best friend at 4 pm on July 10, 2010
2. Completing my first year of teaching at 2:45 pm on June 4, 2010
3. Spending a week in Mexico at a resort on the beach with my husband
4. Driving across the country through 13 different states as we made our way to our new home
5. Moving in to our first apartment on July 28, 2010
6. Finding out that Brent loves his new job (and is really great at it!)
7. Being hired as a 3rd grade teacher in Maryland
8. Our first trip home at Thanksgiving
9. Meeting good friends at our new church and small group in Maryland
10. Finding out that, overall, my 4th graders from last year passed their state test

Hmmm, so there are definitely more great moments to add, that really should be in my top 10, but they just won't fit. So, here are a few more.

Going to the bedlam game with Nick and singing the alma mater with him
My grandparents and Steven coming to visit
My dear friend, Brittany, coming to visit
Eating dinner with Brent every night
My mbf, Hannah, getting married (I love that we were within 2 months of each other!)
Meeting friends at my new school
Discussing NFL football every Monday and Friday with one of my students

There are actually many, many more wonderful moments and times from 2010, but I'll stop there, since I'm headed out to lunch with my favorite guys, Brent and my dad. God has truly blessed Brent and I this year and I am so thankful for everything that he continues to do to provide and care for us and our families. As we close out the year, I hope that you remember all that God has done for you and your family as well.

See ya, 2010!
[hugsfromOK]

No comments:

Post a Comment